Getting near 60

Chat about anything else

Getting near 60

Postby Dave » 27 Aug 2007, 22:32

Having taken Gail to the airport to fly to Northern Ireland for two weeks, my brother phoning with his marital problems and not having won the lottery, life today was turning pretty s-aitch-1 t. I then played a record sent to me by my favourite niece ..... okay, as she tells everyone - "I'm his only bloody niece" !
Now, I have a wierd sense of humour carefully polished by my time as one of Her Majesty's assassins but I did not realise just how I had infected the next generation of our family who are the responsible parents of the next generation until I carefully listened to the lyrics ( I concentrate more on music as I flatly refuse to have television in the house) and - courtesy of a lady who will remain nameless but I love her to bits, my niece Anita - I offer the following tracks that you should listen to at least once ..... although twice, just to hear the lyrics properly would be better. Here we go, two three four :
The Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang
Animals - Nickleback
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - Everclear
F*** Me Pumps - Amy Winehouse
He Almost Looks Like You - Otis Lee Crenshaw ( Pee'd my self hearing this one)
and - dedicated to whoever
Billy Brown - Mika

See if you can get them to listen to on the interweb thingy ! Music style may not be quite according to your taste but the lyrics are , well, I laughed out loud !

And, given the histrionics on this page in the past - hang in there Billy Brown !

I've probably been blue-pencilled or barred, but, hey, I'll live - and it's still funny !
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Getting near 60

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 28 Aug 2007, 03:45

A street kid told me that they sound better when you're on "Ice". :o
Me? I still hum along to The Weavers...."On Top of Old Smokey", "Irene Goodnight" etc. 8-)

Dave, what in Gods name is a young lass giving her doddery old uncle a collection of ..???.. I dunno what they call "music" these days. :(
Amy Winehouse, thats that loony Jewish bird, tatts all over herself, smashed and stoned out of her scone all the time? :evil:
Great role model!!!! She should be locked in a dark room.. :evil:
Mate, just go and turn on the bakelite wireless, have a cuppa and a good sit down. :)
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Getting near 60

Postby Joanie » 28 Aug 2007, 11:59

Shes got a great voice though Geoff
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Getting near 60

Postby Richard » 28 Aug 2007, 14:49

And she is a style model for any hairdresser, of course.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Getting near 60

Postby Kojak » 28 Aug 2007, 17:58

I'm in no position to comment about anyone's hairstyle, but it's come to something when her own parents are pleading with people not ot buy her records or give her any encouragement to continue with her lifestyle.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic