New Year holiday

Chat about anything else

New Year holiday

Postby Wendy » 07 Jan 2007, 19:01

Nick and I have just got back from Budapest and want to wish everyone a happy new year! Great city with lots of interesting buildings and history. Look forward to see you all in the summer. Wendy and Nick xxx
Wendy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Wendy » 07 Jan 2007, 19:10

PS To Kon: as usual Nick missed his Sydney fireworks, it is the one time of the year that he really misses OZ. Happy New year to you and the family. PPS you too Geoff xx
Wendy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Kojak » 07 Jan 2007, 20:56

Happy New Year Wendy and Nick :geek: Hope you had a good one :)
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Kon » 08 Jan 2007, 11:16

Hi Wendy happy new year to you and Nick great to hear you had a great holiday ,how was Budapest,well the fire works in Sydney were pretty spectacular again we Melbournians can not compete with that ,it was the Sydney harbour bridge 75th birthday and i think the theme was a diamond ,i fell asleep hours before so i only got hilights of the new year .ps i used your mussle and salmon recipe again cos it was a hit last year. :geek:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Wendy » 08 Jan 2007, 11:44

Budapest was great. Maybe the mussel chowder over Christmas but now I'm onto chicken broth to keep warm :D

I'm putting chillies in it :twisted:

Hmm. Some of Tove's homemade bread would go well... ;)
Wendy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Tove » 08 Jan 2007, 12:17

Hi Wendy, Happy New Year to you and Nick too. My family has eaten all the bread in the Christmas time so I cannot send you any. We are eating soup too, not so much colder as by you but blowing a lot. Mostly time for sitting at the fire reading. I'm thinking of coming down in March if I can get a cheap ticket, then I promise to bake. I sended Adriana a cake recipe for Christmas, guess you will like it too.
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 09 Jan 2007, 00:10

Glad you had a good break in Budapest. I wanted to go there from Vienna but what they wanted to charge for a visa was nothing short of extortion. :(
And there I was, all packed and ready to get a flight to Bali just to buy you a drink...or two. :geek: Maybe next year, eh?
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby benedetti » 09 Jan 2007, 11:51

Enjoyed a couple of days in Budapest. Had a fab New Year in Vienna, champagne and fireworks and wonderful company. My only worry is that the next holiday we have booked is not till September. I fancy spring in Iceland.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

New Year holiday

Postby Sweet Sue » 09 Jan 2007, 17:31

Benedetti, my sister went to Iceland last spring ... VERY expensive but she loved it. Too cold for me .. Brrrrr!!!
Sweet Sue
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Off Topic