Nadolig Llawen

Chat about anything else

Nadolig Llawen

Postby D and E » 17 Dec 2020, 09:37

Nadolig Llawen as E would say and Merry Christmas as D would say - although even D’s limited Welsh vocabulary does extend to the former.

Whilst many regular Symi Visitors made it to paradise this year, our preconditions, as the Travel Insurance always calls them, prevented that, and what that proved, as if it needed proving, is a year without Symi leaves a big hole in our lives. Instagram & Facebook, the scourge of many but a force for good in so many ways, plus James on Symi Dream, have played a big role in allowing us to keep in touch with the place that entered our DNA all those years ago.

Hopefully something else that will become part of our DNA (depending on the brand) is the vaccine against COVID-19. This dreadful virus is still causing havoc around the world and is now at record levels here in Wales. We count our blessings living in a very small rural village and will never be able to thank enough the local suppliers who have delivered on time every week since March. The vaccine may not be the end to this destructive pandemic but it may be the start of the end and if that proves to be true then a return to the island that we love so much will be all the sweeter in 2021.

In the meantime we will look fondly upon Neil’s study of Pedi in the Symi Dream calendar and wish all members of this superb Forum, and of course everyone on Symi, good health and have the best Festive Season you possibly can in the circumstances.

Stay safe.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Re: Nadolig Llawen

Postby JuliaB » 23 Dec 2020, 16:19

And good wishes for the best possible Christmas in this strangest of years to you, D&E, and to all Symi lovers in this forum. Let's hope we’ll all be able to visit that little piece of paradise in 2021.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 23 Dec 2020, 17:48

And a very merry Christmas from me too.

I certainly won't be sad to see the last of 2020. Lets hope for a better 2021.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gemma1 » 24 Dec 2020, 09:27

Allan wrote:And a very merry Christmas from me too.

I certainly won't be sad to see the last of 2020. Lets hope for a better 2021.

Ditto Allan :)

A very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2021 to everyone on Symi and all around the world :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic