High heels?

Archived useful topics that don't fit anywhere else!

High heels?

Postby Adriana » 03 Aug 2012, 11:47

The local ladies wear the most astonishing high heels to weddings and Christenings - but usually only put them on when they get to the church :D The tricky bits are tackled in more sensible footwear.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

High heels?

Postby Ange » 03 Aug 2012, 23:12

I don't bother with heels either when abroad now, though the last time in Symi I had a pair of comfy wedge sandals I wore when we stayed round the harbour at night. I prefer the flat indian type sandals and usually some walking type sandals in the day. I usually travel light and heels tend to take up too much weight!
Ange
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

High heels?

Postby Olga » 05 Aug 2012, 19:50

Like the rest of you, I have learned by experience, Symi paths and roads 'eat' heels, and after coming home with several pairs of ruined heels, I now stick to small wedges, or flats, even though it reduces me to midget size.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

High heels?

Postby Colette » 05 Aug 2012, 21:14

A years ago walked down the kalistrata with a well known lady from the village who has always seen in heels, she was wearing slippers and as we got down to Frederika's shop she produced the high heels out of her bag and sasheyed down to the harbour in her usuel style ;) Myself I just stick with the flat sandals these days but that is because I'm a wimp :)
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

High heels?

Postby regina » 05 Aug 2012, 23:28

ahahahah!!! [:-)] Colette, your friend had a wonderful idea! I'll try to do the same as I'm not very tall...
regina
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Miscellaneous