Symi Weather

Archived useful topics that don't fit anywhere else!

Symi Weather

Postby Buzzy » 26 Sep 2009, 17:29

I notice when searching for up to date weather reports on Symi it is always lumped in with Rhodes. Is it the case that the weather report is exactly the same for both Rhodes and Symi as you would think Symi being a much smaller island may be different? On forums about Lindos for instance people are always commenting that the climate in Lindos itself is warmer than other parts of Rhodes so one would assume there would be a difference between Rhodes and Symi.
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Symi Weather

Postby maziemoo » 26 Sep 2009, 17:51

Hi Buzzy, if you go to the front page of the website and look down to the left you will see a link to Symi weather. Also if you look at the picture above you will see a thermometer indicating current temperatures....I believe the thermometer is actually Symi based.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Symi Weather

Postby Mille » 26 Sep 2009, 17:57

Check the Rhodes weather and then add about 10 degrees!

(- last week we had 37.9 degrees in the sun and 27.8 in the shade!)
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Symi Weather

Postby Buzzy » 26 Sep 2009, 18:54

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I'm reading the correct temperatures. We are coming 21-31 October and as you can apreciate it will probably be quite cool over here in the UK by then. I wanted to watch the temperatures on the days leading up to our trip to decide on what to pack. I've never been anywhere warm when it has been cool at home (usually go away in the summer)What is the usual attire you can expect to be wearing at that time of year in Symi?
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Symi Weather

Postby snoopy2 » 27 Sep 2009, 09:53

[quote="Buzzy"]

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I'm reading the correct temperatures. We are coming 21-31 October and as you can apreciate it will probably be quite cool over here in the UK by then. I wanted to watch the temperatures on the days leading up to our trip to decide on what to pack. I've never been anywhere warm when it has been cool at home (usually go away in the summer)What is the usual attire you can expect to be wearing at that time of year in Symi?
[/quote]
Hi Buzzy - family and me there first two weeks of Sept when it was still unseasonally HOT. Right in the middle of the hol - torrential downpours for two days - again VERY unseasonal - so be prepared for any eventuality. Only sure things is UK will for sure be somewhat cool on your return!!
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Symi Weather

Postby Adriana » 28 Sep 2009, 07:18

If anybody seriously wants to know what the weather on Symi is like in October, November or any other month you can refer to the archive pages of my year round Symi blog which I started way back when specifically to answer questions like 'What's the weather like on Symi in February?' and 'What's it like on Symi in the winter' etcetera.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Symi Weather

Postby Allan » 28 Sep 2009, 21:43

The temperature shown on Pacho's wall isn't far off being right. It's a little cooler tonight here overlooking the Pedi valley but 23 degrees isn't bad for 10.30 at night is it?
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Symi Weather

Postby Kon » 29 Sep 2009, 01:14

Sounds like your having a great time Allan. :)
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Miscellaneous