Before Our Time

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Before Our Time

Postby D and E » 30 Mar 2020, 12:49

https://youtu.be/FivKc67bWRI

E came upon this on Facebook (hope the link to YouTube works) but for those who may not frequent social media or haven’t come upon this before we thought we would put it on here, which after all is the landing place for so many of us who love Symi.

A fascinating insight into Symi some years ago with some very familiar faces.

There is a break but stick with it and watch through to the end.

We hope everyone on the Forum is staying safe and healthy.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Re: Before Our Time

Postby Mille » 30 Mar 2020, 12:58

I went to Symi for the first time back in 1988 as a teenager. Forced on holiday with my parents.
Little did they know that it would be a lifelong love for the little gem we call Symi.

Wonderful to see how Symi was back in the days. So mange things have changed and yet not much have changed at all.
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Postby katy » 30 Mar 2020, 16:41

Thank you D & E, just spent a happy hour watching that and the follow-on films! A very young Frances Noble and also Hugo I think. Just what I needed today.
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby phillippalee » 30 Mar 2020, 23:22

Thanks for posting - what a fantastic film! I first went about 6 years after this was filmed. I walked the island with my partner and we were invited into peoples houses and rode on the back of trucks up into the mountains to celebrate Easter. It is very different now - and I still come back - it was my first Greek island and still has a place in my heart. I have booked 3 weeks at the end of September as a birthday present for myself. I hope that all of us can return this year xx
phillippalee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jan » 31 Mar 2020, 07:48

Great to see that again.

We have a dusty VHS (remember those, the oldies amongst you?) tape of the Muriel Nicholson programme mouldering away here at home but - needless to say - no longer the equipment to play it on so excellent that it's now available for a new generation of viewers.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Symi Chat