Heard from ......

Chat about anything else

Heard from ......

Postby Kon » 01 Jul 2008, 05:21

Greek Media that the Italian prime minister Berlusconi ,the one that lives the playboy life has just bought a place in Symi ,anybody know if this is true.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby MacDuff » 01 Jul 2008, 05:51

If true, what an opportunity to establish a hair transplant studio and hair dying salon 8-) :D Imagine if we get a new member named not Kon, but Con. Looking at the said gentleman's backlground in Italy, Nikos had better keep his head down and that of Symi Visitor of Berlesconi will buy him out :(
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Colette » 01 Jul 2008, 18:14

Bush senior was on the island while I was there and we heard that Bellesconi was with him so maybe there is truth in the rumour Kon. They moored off Nimborio in a mega yacht and we heard that they didn't go further than the clock tower on land (but who knows? damned fiendish these international dodgy characters)Which is a great improvement on 5 years ago when there were men in suits with bulging jackets all over the show in Chorio when he went up to eat at Syllagos. Lets hope it was just a passing visit and that Bush isn't intending inviting the family to visit, good grief the last thing we need is George W'ya. :o
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 02 Jul 2008, 05:23

Everything is for sale at the right price, MacDuff. ;)
You should know that.... :)

Talking of security, what a load of bulldust was the Norman-Evert wedding. :evil:
Stupid old farts.. :(
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby hilarias » 02 Jul 2008, 07:26

:D Who do they think they are?
hilarias
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 02 Jul 2008, 08:10

God only knows, Hilarias.
My cousin worked very closely with Norman when he was building his $65+ million gin palace here in Perth.
Lets just leave it at that, eh?
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Oor Willie » 02 Jul 2008, 19:12

As Colette says Bush was there when we were at the begining of june and Dinos at the sponge shop told us that he and Berlusconi were both looking to buy houses at Nimborio, Dinos was not too pleased with this idea and wants all the regular visitors to protest, he thinks that they will do no good for the island and the ex presidents massive security team may seal off Nimborio from the rest of the island when he is in residence, and as for the Italian gangster I can't repeat his comments on a site which children may have access to.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Mille » 02 Jul 2008, 19:28

Delicate subject to be honest.

IF said politicians bought houses on Symi, they should, in my humble opinion, be treated as the rest of us.

Of course they have security and all that, but they are still people like you and me.

Didnt Tom Hanks visit the island and walk around like a normal tourist some years ago?
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Heard from ......

Postby maziemoo » 02 Jul 2008, 19:51

I for one wouldn't be best pleased about that :( :( :( since Nimborio is my favourite spot on the island :mrgreen: .

[quote="Oor Willie"]

Bush was there when we were at the begining of june and Dinos at the sponge shop told us that he and Berlusconi were both looking to buy houses at Nimborio, Dinos was not too pleased with this idea and wants all the regular visitors to protest, he thinks that they will do no good for the island and the ex presidents massive security team may seal off Nimborio from the rest of the island when he is in residence, and as for the Italian gangster I can't repeat his comments on a site which children may have access to.
[/quote]
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Kojak » 02 Jul 2008, 20:34

I agree with Mille. George Bush is only an ex-President and his son is soon to be one so why does he need so many secutiry people. Typical Americans, they always overdo things...
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby maziemoo » 02 Jul 2008, 21:04

Feeling the need to have the security is one thing, but inflicting it on the tiny island of Symi to the exclusion of enjoyment of others, would be ridiculous....and downright selfish :twisted: .

I just hope commonsense rules because I think such an invasion and that's exactly what it would be, would be the downfall of Symi....I would certainly have to reconsider my holiday options since I can't stand that kind of pretentious clap trap :? . I come to the island for the freedom of movement and the tranquility, once that's gone, there's no point.

Let's hope it's all just speculation and nowt more.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Joanie » 02 Jul 2008, 22:48

:) Well said Maz :)
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Colette » 02 Jul 2008, 23:40

Mazie, I think you have just spoken for all of us.Well said girl.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 03 Jul 2008, 02:12

Security! Ex-presidents get about 6 agents for life. The Clintons had to buy a block of land big enough to build another home for the "body guards".
Just look at Normans wedding, just because old George snr was there.
Who'd knock him off!!
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Oor Willie » 03 Jul 2008, 23:18

On the subject of Bush senior's security, the day before he arrived 4 Greek commando RIB asault boats fully kitted out with guns and a dozen fully armed SAS types on each cruised up the harbour 1st time I've seen that in daylight in the last 5 years, next night we were eating at the original Mythos fish restaurant on the harbourside and were watching the World's tenders go in and out every 1/2 hour or so when we noticed 2 or 3 inflatables cruising up and down the harbour, very hard to see as they were showing no lights, yes you've guessed G.B. was dining at Manos and his team were looking out for potential assasins on a suicide Gin Palace. Sorry if I sound a bit cynical but does anyone need that kind of security on an Island like Symi.
P.S. An American lady we were talking to on the Poseidon the next day when told that ex pres. was on the island and possibly looking for a house exclaimed you don't want that terrible man here stop him buying, I guess she was a Democrat.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 04 Jul 2008, 04:21

In view of the thread and it being AID perhaps we can reflect on the quote from George Bernard Shaw:
"Show me a 100% American and I will show you a 99% idiot".

Well said GBS and gt; and gt; and gt; :D
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby maziemoo » 04 Jul 2008, 09:16

You don't have to be American to be 99% idiot :twisted: ! ...and actually whilst George Bernard Shaw may have said it, I'm not sure it's an appropriate insult to place on a website such as this :twisted: .
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby Mille » 04 Jul 2008, 11:18

[quote="maziemoo"]

You don't have to be American to be 99% idiot :twisted: ! ...and actually whilst George Bernard Shaw may have said it, I'm not sure it's an appropriate insult to place on a website such as this :twisted: .
[/quote]

Spot on Mazie :D
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Heard from ......

Postby benedetti » 09 Jul 2008, 17:47

I think you were misquoting anyway. GBS said Australians not Americans lol
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Heard from ......

Postby maziemoo » 09 Jul 2008, 20:08

:D :D :D jeez you're on form tonight girl ;)
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Next

Return to Off Topic