For Danes looking to buy Greek products

Chat about anything else

For Danes looking to buy Greek products

Postby Thomasdk » 07 Jun 2018, 17:37

Just wanted to share my new discovery, Elenas.dk, which is currently having a sale on Mythos, amongst other delicious things from Greece.
I ended up buying 3 cases of 20 half litre bottles, which comes to 58 bottles (two were lost during transport unfortunately), at a price just below what Taxas supermarket usually charges. :)
Is it as good as being on Symi, drinking it in Greek surroundings? Far from it, but Mythos still tastes amazing and it does allow you to dream away for a short while at least.
(Forgot to mention, shipping is only 39dkr., no matter the amount)
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: For Danes looking to buy Greek products

Postby Thomasdk » 16 Oct 2018, 18:41

Another option spotted and tried out: https://www.akropolis-wineshop.dk/
I ordered the Retsina, a new teardrop shaped edition I'd not tried before. Won awards for 17 years in a row.
Have to admit, it's not my favorite, which is the one from Creta Olympias S.A, but since that company is nowhere to be found any longer, I'm looking for a replacement.
However, if someone can recommend any of the bottles of Greek whitewine on the site, please let me know. Not to sour though, my stomach doesn't work well with those.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Allan » 17 Oct 2018, 13:30

That's an interesting site Thomas.
It's good to recognise wines that I know I like and always look for when in Symi but never see in the UK.
I particularly like the Amethystos that I first discovered many, many years ago in Nik Psaros' "wine restaurant".
More recently, I like to buy the Pavlidis Thema white when on Symi and love it!

I know what you mean about the retsina in the teardrop-shaped bottle. That looks like the one I tried from Sotiris' supermarket. The bottle was impressive but the retsina was awful! :D
I only ever drink retsina in Greece so I'm no expert but I know of regular retsina drinkers who recommend the Retsina Malamatina. Maybe you will like that if you can't get the Creta Olympias one?
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thomasdk » 27 Oct 2018, 23:07

Thanks for your input, Allan. :)
And I'm glad I'm not the only one "fooled" by the teardropshaped bottle. I actually found the Malamatina online this evening, so I'm giving that a try.
Also, I managed to find pure heaven, Retsina wise, it seems: https://www.nikthegreek.de/de/retsina
I never knew so many different ones existed, I'm buying at least two of each and try my way through them, to find the best one. They're very cheap,
even with the €15 for transport overseas and they have my favorite biscuits, Papadopoulos Petit Beurre.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Off Topic