symi animal welfare

Chat about anything else

symi animal welfare

Postby snoopy2 » 24 Sep 2010, 23:32

I was one of the visitors who got in touch about a kitten with a very torn paw. We fed it and bought an ashtray to put water in. the poor thing was so affectionate but so obviously in distress. We reported it and the next day the kitten was gone. We would like to think it was rescued. Over out stay we carried cat biscuits and fed the cats when we could and left money for the winter feed at the Symi Visitor office (Wendy make sure the tin is on display!!) These cats are part of Symi and need to be looked after but not left to overtake in population numbers as they do in say - Cyprus. Keep up the good work animal welfare - hope maybe to meet at least one of you next year.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

symi animal welfare

Postby Allan » 03 Oct 2010, 14:13

I had a word with Claudia last week about the kitten and she's fairly sure it made a good recovery down in Pedi.

Before we came home I too made a donation to SAW, something I usually do but sometimes forget.

It's worth knowing that donations can be made online if you have a PayPal account via the Symi Dream website at this address:
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

symi animal welfare

Postby Adriana » 04 Oct 2010, 07:49

Our collection tin is in the Sunflower Laundry so you can make a donation at the same time as dropping off or collecting your washing :)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic