sunshine and snorkelling

Chat about anything else

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby snoopy2 » 16 Jul 2010, 23:57

:) Nothing special topic wise - just thought i would open a new topic away from politics - now all getting really tedious. More concerned about climate change but not going there on who's fault. Just looking forward to two weeks of uniterrupted sunshine and talking rubbish to the fish as i snorkel. 8-)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby snapperjon » 17 Jul 2010, 18:11

Ohhh yes! We went snorkeling off Nimborio last year - a first for Elaine. She wears contacts so a mask is a problem, but tight goggles of the sort worn by by Olmpians did the trick. I was frequently mistaken for an Olympian.

But how do you talk to the fishes, Snoopy2? Are you a Mafia hitperson?
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby Kojak » 17 Jul 2010, 19:50

Which Olympian were you mistaken for, Jon? Hephaestus? Hades?
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby Oor Willie » 17 Jul 2010, 21:26

You can even sing to the fishes John, a few years ago we were sutting on the Poseidon at Sesklia waiting on the BBQ when we heard this weird noise from under the bow of the boat as we looked over there was our No.2 singing octopus's garden while while snorkelling and although a bit gurgley it was recognisable
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby Oor Willie » 17 Jul 2010, 21:28

forgive the typos I've had a couple of drinks, we were of course sitting on the boat and it was No.2 son not the other thing
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby snoopy2 » 18 Jul 2010, 11:28

:) Oor Willie has described it exactly - it is more a gurgle than speech but the fish seem to understand so maybe i am a fish whisperer - certainly not attached to the maafia - is there mafia on Symi????? Last time i encountered mafia was in Bulgaria - but that's another story. Daughter somehow thinks she can breath with the fishes and even with a nose clip and over the nose goggles still trys to breath normally and ends up gasping for air like a grampus. As we speak she is practising snorkelling in the bath!!!! Roll on 8-) 8-) August.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby D and E » 18 Jul 2010, 11:31

Excellent snorkling around the rocks at the far end of St.Nicks. After the success of the octupus picking the winning teams throughout the World Cup see if you can ask a Symi octupus for the winning lottery numbers Snoopy.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

sunshine and snorkelling

Postby Kojak » 18 Jul 2010, 11:59

Hmm, wish I'd never battled with and killed that octopus in Pedi now, I could have been a millionaire! On the other hand, it was trying to destroy the village and eat all the inhabitants...
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic