Anyone getting this problem

Chat about anything else

Postby Oor Willie » 11 May 2010, 22:55

I'm not getting the same problems as you are but every time I log on to this site my Norton anti virus tells me it has blocked an attack on my computer and when I click on for details the attack is coming from my own computer, this only happens when I log on to SV no other site generates this reaction from Mr Norton maybe it knows I was a Triumph owner
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Eleanor » 12 May 2010, 18:46

Me too having probs last couple of days but only when I go to Symi Visitor, everything else ok
Eleanor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby snoopy2 » 12 May 2010, 20:35

[quote="Eleanor"]

Me too having probs last couple of days but only when I go to Symi Visitor, everything else ok
[/quote]
Same here. Took so long to load a couple of times that i gave up before the machine did!!!! Wnet and cleaned the house - made a meal - voted - watched the results come in and still it hadn't loaded.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thegeocachers » 14 May 2010, 10:12

Using Firefox here. Avast and AVG both find and block the virus. Mike, it looks like a problem with the scrolling "Book your accommodation" webticker javascript. Perhaps worth making the text static as a quick fix (do you maintain the page?)? Also worth checking out all your content on the server as it may have been hacked.

All, these 'Trojan' viruses can be nasty. If you don't have an antivirus programme running, make sure that you get one straight away. AVG and Avast are both free and should keep you safe.

Kojak, you'll have no problems with Firefox ... though if you did feel the need to use it, Internet Explorer will still be there for you to use instead! Shout if you want a hand.
Thegeocachers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby mikegadd » 14 May 2010, 22:10

Hi-thanks for that. Yes, I do maintain the site. I have checked out the server and that looks clean. I've removed a lot of Javascript from the home page, but will do as you suggest and kill the scroller.
mikegadd
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Oor Willie » 15 May 2010, 02:32

Mike the fix appears to have worked for my problem, my computer is no longer attacking itself when I log on to the SV site
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Kojak » 15 May 2010, 14:35

Thanks, Geocacher. I might be tempted after I've been to Symi.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 15 May 2010, 20:47

Wow - spelling and technical prowess in a thread - don't give in to the mighty Microsoft : using Firefox on a Linux machine and never have a problem !!

StDavid - first time to Symi - I would take a big bet that you will love it. From what I read in your submission to another thread I think you will find it is the Symiots that make the place somewhere really extra speacial - their generousity of spirit and genuine happiness fills us with pleasure each time we visit and even in these difficult times for Greece the positive view of the future that they expressed when we were there last week was quite humbling.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Previous

Return to Off Topic