For all women who understand.

Chat about anything else

Postby MacDuff » 01 Dec 2009, 01:04

Although living in Western Canada, I saw Shirley Valentine and in consequence understand the ladies reactions. BUT, I have to remind you that it can happen the other way around as it did with me in Cuba. Over 32 years age difference and we met on St. Valentines day. Apparently there is some truth in older men having some attraction. So, guess where I am going at Christmas for a month. :D :oops: :geek:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Buzzy » 01 Dec 2009, 10:08

One for you
Maziemoo
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Buzzy » 01 Dec 2009, 10:19

Eleanor the main memory I have of Ariana as I would have known her is that the nuns used to make her bring in pop up books of German origin. Her father was a German millionaire and the nuns used to get her to stand in front of the class demonstrating the books and reading out the stories in English to us. She had a German accent and used to jump all over the place telling us the stories. The nuns though it was charming but would have belted us if we'd done it. She was absolutely wild. My best friend went to her house in Shepherds Bush london when she was about 10 years old and it was full of musicians, including Roxy Music, who were all stoned. Those nuns had no idea what was really going on. No surprise that Ariana herself was into music early on her first concerts were when she was about 15. Meanwhile most of her classmates went on to lead very ordinary lives. Funny how even at that age you could see she'd never conform.

"Give me a child until he is 7 and I will give you the man."
Buzzy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby maziemoo » 01 Dec 2009, 20:32

[quote="Buzzy"]

One for you
Maziemoo

[/quote]

:D :D :D :) Thanks Buzzy....a very attractive crew ;) !

Love the story about Ariana etc....amazing the past lives some of us have had.

I've always thought Bryan Ferry to be very smooth and sophisticated Eleanor, and old friend of mine went to see Roxy Music once and was invited backstage to meet them all, she was mad crazy for Bryan Ferry and couldn't stop talking about the time they spent talking to the band for ages and ages and ages and ages :? !
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Previous

Return to Off Topic