Quiet

Chat about anything else

Quiet

Postby Snakey » 09 May 2009, 20:26

Hey, O.G., I just tried to post a message warning you of the dangers of WATER, and it blanked out my reply with the message "Flood Warning..."
See? Told you....
Snakey
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Quiet

Postby MacDuff » 10 May 2009, 02:23

Ah but Kon, that is what is so clever. Marketing and promotion are about perception and by golly they gave the perception of a wonderful place. Interesting comment OG about the Aussie banks. The IMF gave Canada credit for having the best banking system. NONE of ours have gone bust and are now reporting profits. But the reality is that the economy world wide is suffering the consequences of the U.S. system and lack of regulation. The 4 May edition of Fortune (Fortune 500 edition) reports that the all-high earnings of the 500 in 2006 were $785 billion. In 2008 they fell to $98.9 billion a decline of 87%. Fortune says: "Banks and securities firms that bet recklessly on the housing boom suffered epic losses as their assets turned toxic." The Americans know that they are to blame. The 500 companies that form that elite group, are predominently multi-nationals and their position sadly affects us all - irrespective of the merit of our own national banking systems.
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Quiet

Postby Joanie » 10 May 2009, 20:00

ooh! its rather quiet round here. Just how many SV's are on Symi? I think there are a few. Mazie, Kojak, and is Richard there too, Ithink oor Willie is going soon or hes there already 8-) 8-)
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Quiet

Postby D and E » 10 May 2009, 23:32

We're still around Joanie. Hope we get an update from our friends on Symi just to remind us how wonderful it is there!! Very windy in Wales.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Quiet

Postby Richard » 10 May 2009, 23:58

Yes, still here as well, Babs (until Wednesday).
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Quiet

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 11 May 2009, 03:33

Yes it is quiet Joanie. :idea:
I think there would be more action in Cliff Richard's pants... :oops: :twisted:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Quiet

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 11 May 2009, 03:39

MacDuff,let's just say that we are both fortunate that our banks are in excellent shape. :)
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Quiet

Postby Kon » 11 May 2009, 06:02

[quote="Richard"]

Yes, still here as well, Babs (until Wednesday).
[/quote]
Good to see you back on Richard :)
Well the Gang must be having fun ,Mazie is probably in the arms of a greek bouzouki player as we speak ,and Kojak has been busy with chocolate cakes at some taverns oh i also saw a stack of Mythos crates outside Pahos on the web cam so i would say they are all having a great time. :geek: :D

Hopefully our camera people can snap a few shots of them in action :P
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Quiet

Postby Tove » 11 May 2009, 17:20

Of course there is quiet, all the talkers are on Symi and having a great time. I just heard rumour of Mazie and Kojak participating in a party last night :geek: , so I think they are a little tired today, but I am sure they had a great time. Should have been there too, but I have waited for a week for my house cat :? and suddenly she was there, thin but healthy, so I feeded her all night. The weather on Symi is just perfect at the moment 8-) , sun and pleasant warm and still a lot of flowers around.In this week more people should be coming so just don't expect too much in the chat page, we will be busy here. :D
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Quiet

Postby Joanie » 11 May 2009, 19:38

[quote="Richard"]

Yes, still here as well, Babs (until Wednesday) [/quote]

Good to have you back Richard, but alas not for long, Have a great holiday :) :) :)
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Quiet

Postby MacDuff » 14 May 2009, 04:11

Yes Sir! One advantage that we have is not being in the world headlines all the time, but just quietly getting on with things. Despite the limitations placed upon our banks and preventing amalgamations, the Royal Bank of Canada is in the top ten in the world. Those countries which try to constantly prove that they are a "World leader", should perhaps concentrate for a while on getting their internal houses in order. :)
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Quiet

Postby Kojak » 21 May 2009, 01:22

We did indeed participate in one or two tea parties Kon. Fortunately, I think that no incriminating photos were taken.... :oops:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Quiet

Postby Kon » 21 May 2009, 01:36

Welcome back mate ,looks as if you all had a great time and the weather was fantastic for you. :geek:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Quiet

Postby Adriana » 21 May 2009, 11:49

[quote="Ozzie Geoff"]

Yep Joanie, no matter how hard it is to beleive. :idea:
I don't think I've ever had a drink on Symi before late afternoon at the very earliest. :o Why "waste" a good afternoon drinking and then feeling like a washed out old rag? Spoils the evening..
Same procedure in Bali, Broome, Port Douglas, Penang or anywhere I am on a break. 8-)
[/quote]
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic