Anastasia, Horio

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Anastasia, Horio

Postby Joey » 25 Oct 2012, 12:25

I have booked to stay at the Irini again next June but have decided i need to change my dates. Unfortunately the Irini is not available for the second week and i have been offered the Anastasia.
I'm sure i walked past the accommodation back in September so i have a vague idea where it is but was wondering if anyone could tell me where your luggage gets dropped off and how far the drop off is away from the accommodation? Also what time does your luggage get picked up when you have to get the dreaded 07:45 Express back to Rhodes?
Thanks in advance.
Joey
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Anastasia, Horio

Postby JuliaB » 25 Oct 2012, 18:20

The luggage is dropped off outside the Village Hotel, opposite the Windmill. It is then a 6-8 minute walk down past the Sunrise to Anastasia's. There are some steps to negotiate but certainly not as many as you have to reach the Irini (we've stayed there too). We returned 2 weeks ago from Anastasia's and had to have our cases at the drop off point at 06:45 for the 07:45 Dodek.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Anastasia, Horio

Postby Gemma1 » 26 Oct 2012, 00:34

Hi Joey, as Julia said the luggage is dropped off at the Village Hotel and it's much easier getting the luggage from there to the Anastasia than taking it up all those steps at the Irini. Like Julia we had to have our luggage at the Village Hotel by 6.45am on the morning of departure. I've stayed at the Irini twice and the Anastasia twice and out of the 2 now prefer the Anastasia - though the close proximity to the Sunrise might have quite a lot to do with it ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Anastasia, Horio

Postby Joey » 26 Oct 2012, 14:29

Thanks for the replies.
When i left the Irini this year i had to have my luggage ready for 06:45 so Justine must just give the same time to all. I thought the Anastasia would be earlier but that is not too bad if it's the same.
The steps were a bit of a nightmare but someone who i was with had stayed the previous year and had a slightly easier route to negotiate!
I managed to have a drink in the Sunrise back in July but may be pulled towards the Secret Courtyard which i went to a couple of times in September.
I have always stayed down in Yialos so i am quite looking forward to the village life. It will probably feel like a different holiday!
Once again thanks guys. Only 33 1/2 weeks to go!!
Joey
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Anastasia, Horio

Postby Colette » 26 Oct 2012, 22:50

Joey, if you are staying at Anastasia's you will only be a few steps away from the Secret Garden. :) I'm sure that a holiday with Anastasia will win you over to the village.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Accommodation