Back from Symi Report

Archived posts about beaches, sightseeing, entertainment....

Back from Symi Report

Postby Gemma1 » 01 Oct 2012, 08:19

[quote="plee"]

I also really enjoyed reading your report. Its great that you put prices of food and that you seem to be alone? - Ive been debating as to whether to come to Symi by myself next year and your writing made it seem easy.

[/quote]

Yes plee, I went on my own. I have more holiday than my partner so usually go to Greece once a year on my own. I've only ever been to Symi on my own and now consider it my special place ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Back from Symi Report

Postby Kon » 01 Oct 2012, 13:11

Thanks for sharing Gemma ,great read up. 8-) :)
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Back from Symi Report

Postby Adriana » 02 Oct 2012, 10:28

Apropos the price of cakes, it is worth remembering that Stani is a franchise outlet and all their cakes come from a large commercial bakery in Rhodes. The Olive Tree on the other hand is a health food cafe and they bake all their cakes locally using as much as possible locally sourced ingredients.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Back from Symi Report

Postby maziemoo » 02 Oct 2012, 19:20

a brilliant write-up Gemma, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad you had a wonderful time too.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Back from Symi Report

Postby benedetti » 03 Oct 2012, 12:56

Great to read Gemma especially the prices. Maybe we should start a blog topic... that would make interesting reading as long as the September October crowd were willing to be candid.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Back from Symi Report

Postby snoopy2 » 03 Oct 2012, 15:58

[quote="Adriana"]

Apropos the price of cakes, it is worth remembering that Stani is a franchise outlet and all their cakes come from a large commercial bakery in Rhodes. The Olive Tree on the other hand is a health food cafe and they bake all their cakes locally using as much as possible locally sourced ingredients.
[/quote]
Everything in the Olive Tree - including the welcome is worth every penny IMHO. Could live on the freshly made smoothies!!
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to What to do