Blog and images of Symi Trip.

Archived trip reports

Blog and images of Symi Trip.

Postby IanG » 15 Sep 2016, 17:28

I had planned to do a live blog of our holiday this year, but decided to do it retrospectively after we got home.

http://thelightroom.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... lling.html

All being well I should manage to blog post each day for the next 2 weeks to try and keep the great memories of this year on Symi alive.
IanG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Blog and images of Symi Trip.

Postby Gemma1 » 16 Sep 2016, 07:42

Your opening sentence about it being a slog to get to Symi gave me a chuckle as I was saying the same thing at work yesterday. It's worth it when you get there but I can get to Goa in India quicker than I can get to Symi ;) I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip as your blog unfolds :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby JeanW » 16 Sep 2016, 10:49

I will be making the same journey on the 21st from Gatwick on the 9.00am Enter Air flight - because it is such a trek I like to stay for 3 weeks, however, Olmpic could only accommodate me for 2 weeks this trip.
One plus is that we get to Symi on the same day flights permitting, whereas in May we had to overnight in Rhodes which is a real pain!! Look forward to your blogs before I travel.
JeanW
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby IanG » 17 Sep 2016, 11:00

JeanW wrote:I will be making the same journey on the 21st from Gatwick on the 9.00am Enter Air flight - because it is such a trek I like to stay for 3 weeks, however, Olmpic could only accommodate me for 2 weeks this trip.
One plus is that we get to Symi on the same day flights permitting, whereas in May we had to overnight in Rhodes which is a real pain!! Look forward to your blogs before I travel.

Thanks!

The flight on Enter Air was not a patch on Germania last year. Check in was slicker both at Gatwick and Rhodes on the way back, but the plane is very spartan. On both flights we were on time and with the ferry times from Rhodes you would need to delayed by a couple of hours before it became a problem.

http://thelightroom.blogspot.co.uk
IanG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby D and E » 18 Sep 2016, 07:50

Hi IanG
You are one talented photographer - love those shots of the storm - and the the evening shot of Horio captures the place beatifully. Looked at some of your other pics on your blog site - wow.
As for the trek we only know too well - it takes us two days from the coast of Mid Wales - but as Gemma1 says it is worth it - when you round the headland and see Symi twinkling at night or in all its glory in daytime its magical.
Looking forward to the next instalment.
It will be our turn (but with a Canon Ixus & E's Leica D-lux so nothing as professional) in 11 days time.
Thanks for sharing your visit to Symi.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby silverfox » 18 Sep 2016, 14:36

So many thanks for sharing.

Such fantastic photos!

:)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby IanG » 19 Sep 2016, 15:17

Many thanks for your kind comments D and E, and silverfox. Glad you are enjoying.
IanG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 20 Sep 2016, 07:26

Stunning sunrise on day 6 :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Trip Reports