Small Planet airline

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Small Planet airline

Postby Sandi » 09 Aug 2013, 10:50

Hi, thinking of booking with Olympic for next Sept. (2014). Would like to know if anyone has used small planet airline out of Birmingham, If so would like any info please, as I have heard they are not very reliable.There is a choice to fly with tompson at a cost �208 pp extra :o Many thanks
Sandi
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Small Planet airline

Postby shakey » 09 Aug 2013, 20:09

Traveling with small planet next May from Birmingham. Will let you know
shakey
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Small Planet airline

Postby Andy W » 09 Aug 2013, 21:39

Very best of luck.
I think one year Olympic changed the airline due to operate the Birmingham flight 4 times between bookings opening and the flight operating. Their problem is that there isn't a cheap airline with aircraft based in Birmingham (except Ryanair, and they don't do deals with tour operators) so they have to fly aircraft in from elsewhere.
Some people have had good experiences with Small Planet, but an awful lot of people have found that flights have been heavily delayed, smaller aircraft have been substituted with people left behind, other airlines have been contracted in with different seat plans and on board service, or different airports used. Certain flights seem much more prone to problems than others which makes me wonder if Small Planet had ever had the planes and crews to run them in the first place. Can they afford the EU261/2004 compensation claims?
Some of their work for Olympic is now being done by Cyprus Airways which is good news for the passengers as they operate to full service airline standards.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat