Olympic

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Olympic

Postby happyashellas » 02 Aug 2013, 23:14

As you may be well aware, I was deposited in a Faliraki hovel on my way to Symi last month. It occurs to me that if significant numbers who visit this idyllic little isle made them acutely aware of how it feels to be dreading the start of your hard earned holiday, then someone of influence might actually sit up and take notice.
We may not have the numbers to instigate class action style litigation, but surely we can kick up a bit of a fuss?
Some people are being dropped off in Pefkos now! Maybe if we do nothing we'll end up in Prassonisi - come on folks - who wants to join the crusade......
happyashellas
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Allan » 02 Aug 2013, 23:47

Hmmm. I'm not sure about this.

Symi Visitor would not like to be associated with litigation or a crusade against any company.

If you have a gripe with a company then please contact them directly and sort it out yourselves, please not via this forum.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Olympic

Postby Gemma1 » 03 Aug 2013, 09:11

Not sure it would make much difference anyway. The person who is allocating the rooms in Rhodes knows nothing about us, we're just extra bodies who require a room for a night and my guess is they put us where they've got the most rooms available.

Have you complained to Olympic about ending up in Faliraki? It would be nice if somebody at Olympic reading the complaints could twig that people who go to Symi aren't likely to be impressed by Faliraki. Perhaps if we let Justine the Symi rep know that might help as she can feedback comments to her area manager in Rhodes.

It will be 'interesting' to see where I end up when I go to Halki next month as my Jet2 flight from LBA doesn't arrive into Rhodes unti 2000 so I'll have to stay overnight. Don't really mind where I end up for one night as long as it's clean and I get some sleep - but I will let you know ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 03 Aug 2013, 15:00

So much easier to hop ina cab at the airport in Rhodes and pay the extra to stay in a nice hotel.,the best western plaza is ideal for this and breakfast opens at 7 leaving plenty of time to stroll to the harbour or hop in a cab like we do to avoid dragging the suitcases over the cobbled streets...perfect start to our symi holiday everytime.
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Always Baking » 03 Aug 2013, 16:18

l agree Miss Exige, You wouldnt find me in staying in a dump for one night, just because it was part of an, otherwise fab package holiday. l've just booked my first night ( before Symi rolls the red carpet out for moi!) Zacosta Villa Hotel, and they are sending a taxi to collect me from the Airport. Beat that Kojak !
Always Baking
Visitor

Olympic

Postby Kojak » 03 Aug 2013, 16:50

Easily done, Always Baking - the coach takes me straight to the harbour for the ferry - no overnighters for me! :P :P :P
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Olympic

Postby happyashellas » 03 Aug 2013, 16:58

I did of course complain to Olympic, but they don't even have the decency to reply which leaves me in no doubt as to how they value the odd customer with a gripe. I wasn't seriously considering any kind of legal action as these companies are well protected with the fine print.
Just thought that maybe a few dissenting voices might yield a more positive response. I shall carry on regardless, and keep you informed should they ever deem me worthy of a reply.
happyashellas
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 03 Aug 2013, 17:40

Traveling with Olympic to symi is a bargain compared to what we normaly pay traveling independent...we booked with Olympic may 14 couple weeks ago...Lucky to get room 5 in the Anastasia....ok its nothing like the houses we rent with symi viz or kaladuk but its cheap....and just the job close to the sunrise ,windmill restaurant,olive tree,yannis....and all our cat friends... :)
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 03 Aug 2013, 17:49

Time to stop baking in the pool and meet up for a few cold beers with the sunrise gang.!!
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby shakey » 03 Aug 2013, 18:20

For what you pay with Olympic, you won't get much better. If you want 5star holidays, pay 5star prices. See you August bank holiday miss exige,beer n curry in Wolverhampton.
shakey
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 03 Aug 2013, 18:36

Looking forward toooo it...better to smell like currythan quavers.!!! :oops: ..
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 03 Aug 2013, 18:39

Fazakerly shaky..... :D
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 03 Aug 2013, 18:43

When we fly into Manchester...symi peeps pick us up..and then onwards for beer o'clock and curry...perfect.. :P
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby shakey » 03 Aug 2013, 19:45

Do you want curry n beer on Friday or Saturday. Need to book table. Also , what beer. Real ale or lager type stuff?
shakey
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Olympic

Postby Gemma1 » 04 Aug 2013, 09:02

[quote="Kojak"]

Easily done, Always Baking - the coach takes me straight to the harbour for the ferry - no overnighters for me! :P :P :P
[/quote]

Would have been the same for me too if Jet2 hadn't changed the flight time from 0900 until 1400 :cry:

My week on Symi next year is costing almost �70 more than when I was pricing Symi up for this year so adding extras such as taxis and hotels in Rhodes would make it too expensive. It's not too bad when there are 2 of you travelling but as a single traveller it adds up.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Olympic

Postby Always Baking » 04 Aug 2013, 10:11

You're learning my girl!...Who's Symi Peeps ?[quote="Miss Exige"]

Fazakerly shaky..... :D
[/quote]
Always Baking
Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 04 Aug 2013, 10:50

[quote="shakey"]

Do you want curry n beer on Friday or Saturday. Need to book table. Also , what beer. Real ale or lager type stuff?
[/quote]

Think Saturday....think Friday is beer and Chinese...me likey lager type stuff..kerry has more expensive taste...!!! :D
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby Always Baking » 04 Aug 2013, 11:05

l'm more confused, than before l asked the question!
Always Baking
Visitor

Olympic

Postby Miss Exige » 04 Aug 2013, 11:12

He he... :D ....a lot of symi regulars keep in touch on Facebook...all you need to do is find the cat.!!
Miss Exige
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Olympic

Postby maziemoo » 04 Aug 2013, 11:50

My personal view is that Olympic won't care, as long as they are the cheapest that's their lever to get people booking with them year on year. Perhaps their view is that if folks don't chose to book one of the (more expensive) alternative flights that could potentially get them to Rhodes in time for island ferries, they are happy to be holed up anywhere for their first night.

I think the problem to a degree is the Rhodes reps who are catering to a different clientele than folks travelling on to Halki or Symi. My one and only experience with Olympic was that the Rhodes reps don't communicate with the ferry companies like Symi Visitor or Kalodoukas would because on that occasion had they done so, they might have known that the ferry had delayed sailing, possibly to wait for us because strikes in Greece meant flight delays everywhere.

Fortunately the great thing about Symi is that wherever you end up it will be acceptable and what you save by not going with someone more expensive, you have in your pocket to spend in other ways on the island.

I think Justine the Symi rep is a credit to Olympic and probably an asset the company doesn't deserve.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Next

Return to Symi Chat