Rock/harbour fishing on Symi.

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Rock/harbour fishing on Symi.

Postby thisisforcarl » 07 Jul 2015, 17:16

I have looked on Google and on this forum, but can find no real information about rock fishing on Symi. Has anybody any experience for locations etc. Thanks
thisisforcarl
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Rock/harbour fishing on Symi.

Postby Pollychops » 07 Jul 2015, 19:17

Hi, we just returned from Symi last week, I did see a couple of people casting off the harbour at the Clock tower. We did see them catch a fish about 8 inches and had to laugh when as the lady was trying to unhook the fish and put in her bucket a cat appears from under a car and tried to assist. It was funny seeing the local lady trying to fend the cat off.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 07 Jul 2015, 20:14

The clock tower corner does seem to be the place to be for harbour fishermen. I have seen them down on the rocks on the way to Nimborio too. The local kids appear to like the jetties in Pedi but I've never seen them catch anything bigger than an undernourished goldfish though :D

I'm no fisherman and I don't really know what I'm talking about so if you want real advice Carl you should probably ask the locals on the island. Fishing (along with sport, politics and women) is a common topic of conversation in the kafenions.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thisisforcarl » 08 Jul 2015, 07:50

Thanks everyone. Well rod is packed, I guess it will be a good excuse to go for a walk and watch the sun go down.
thisisforcarl
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Symi Chat