Harbour Accomodation

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Harbour Accomodation

Postby gonzoid » 21 Aug 2015, 21:09

i am trying to find accomodation around the symi harbour area, I am not good going uphill, I am looking at 18th-25th may 2016 but finding all full, anyone able to help?
gonzoid
Starting Visitor

Re: Harbour Accomodation

Postby Allan » 21 Aug 2015, 22:48

Hi and welcome to Symi Chat.

Perhaps if you gave us some idea of the kind of accommodation you are looking for we may be able to help. Do you want a hotel room? A self catering apartment? Or perhaps a house?
And will you be travelling independently or are you looking for suggestions for a package tour operator?

I have to say I'm surprised you're finding that all places are full already for dates in May next year, that's ages away! :)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kojak » 28 Aug 2015, 15:30

Olympic accommodation at the Anastasoula Mouragio gets booked up quickly as there are only 6 rooms. I regularly book 12 months ahead if possible just to make sure I get my usual room.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 29 Aug 2015, 22:09

Have you looked at the Opera House? A short walk from the harbour and different types of room available.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Jan » 30 Aug 2015, 14:51

You may find that some of the accommodation owners haven't yet opened their bookings for 2016.

booking.com currently has some options in Yialos for the dates you mention (in a range of price brackets) and I know there will be others coming on stream later.

Good luck.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Mille » 30 Aug 2015, 15:11

Kokona is an option too, along with The Albatros, the Opera House, the Grace Hotel..
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Postby D and E » 25 Oct 2015, 08:55

Hi gonzoid,

Just picked up your post now - sorry.
We have stayed in Thea Apartments in the harbour area - just a few steps up from the taxi rank.
The quality of these self-catering apartments (4 in one property I think) is stunning. It is a traditional Symi house recently renovated and keeping many of the original features. We were blown away.
The owner, a young man called Panagiotis, could not do enough for us.
It can be booked on Bookings.com and it may also be on Trip Advisor and E tells me the property has a dedicated website so a Google search will get you there.
We made direct contact with the owner which resulted in the best outcome regarding dates and price.
Hope this helps.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat