Rick Stein Symi

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Rick Stein Symi

Postby JeanW » 03 Nov 2015, 20:39

For those of you who did not see Rick Stein on Symi first time round, it is being repeated on BBC2 from today.
JeanW
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Re: Rick Stein Symi

Postby sootyandsweep » 07 Nov 2015, 10:06

I watched Rick Stein but was disappointed that more of Symi was not shown. He made a point of saying he would be cooking on Symi - several times but the inside of a kitchen doesn't do it for me!!
sootyandsweep
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Allan » 07 Nov 2015, 12:17

I watched the whole series the first time around and have it recorded so I can watch again to cheer me up on dark, cold winter nights. But I agree, there were nowhere near enough views of Symi. And... Spoiler alert!... It doesn't get any better Sooty. :(

There are glimpses of Symi during every episode, mixed in with his travels and cookery demonstrations so it's worth persevering even if you don't much like views of Villa Sophia's kitchen. I have to admit that there were times when we were supposed to be watching some intricate cookery skills that I was concentrating on the views through the windows in the background ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jan » 08 Nov 2015, 20:00

I have to admit that there were times when we were supposed to be watching some intricate cookery skills that I was concentrating on the views through the windows in the background

Not just you, believe me :D

Jan
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Symi Chat