? Misty webcam

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

? Misty webcam

Postby SPIDERWEB » 10 Apr 2016, 13:10

Is it just my eyesight or could the lens of the webcam do with a bit of a clean ? Over the last week or so the image appears to be a bit cloudy.
SPIDERWEB
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: ? Misty webcam

Postby Andy W » 10 Apr 2016, 14:23

Ever since the howling gale on 23rd March in fact, which deposited a fair amount of the Sahara Desert on Symi. I'm sure Adriana will give it a wipe over tomorrow if asked nicely.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 10 Apr 2016, 16:38

Welcome to the forum Spiderweb

Yes, it is rather cloudy but I've been putting off asking for the window to be cleaned until the worst of the winter storms had finished. I've asked Adriana to give it a quick wipe over when she's next in the office and I'll give it a thorough spring clean when I'm there in June.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gemma1 » 11 Apr 2016, 07:31

I did wonder at first if it was a bit foggy on Symi but as time went on thought it must be down to the webcam. It's much clearer today so thanks very much to Adrianna for brightening up our view :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 11 Apr 2016, 09:43

Yes, thanks to Adriana it is looking nice again though she has warned that it may get dirty again soon since it's the 'red rain' season and they are getting the sand but with little rain to wash it off.

Here are the cleaning process before, during and after pictures with a nice shot of Adriana's finger :D

webcam-clean.jpg

It seems that the worst of the dirt was deposited on the poor camera during a particularly windy day on March 23rd. You can tell it was windy by the way the palm trees are thrashing about on the timelapse:

phpBB [video]
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SPIDERWEB » 11 Apr 2016, 14:45

Many thanks - its just that I look at the webcam a great deal, just counting the days down to my next annual visit to the island !
SPIDERWEB
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Allan » 11 Apr 2016, 15:22

SPIDERWEB wrote: I look at the webcam a great deal, just counting the days down to my next annual visit to the island !

We all do that! ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Symi Chat