One for Andy

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

One for Andy

Postby Kat » 01 Jul 2016, 16:52

Hi Andy, wonder if you could help? We are going to Tilos for a week before travelling on to Symi, and have heard that there might be a chance of travelling from Kamiros Skala to Tilos via Chalki on Wednesday afternoon (31st August). Do you know anything about this please? I've looked on-line but can't see anything.
Thanks
Kat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: One for Andy

Postby Andy W » 01 Jul 2016, 17:41

I've heard this too. However as you say there's nothing on line.
There are three small ferries that run the Kamiros Skala to Chalki service between them, the Nikos Express, the Nissos Halki, and the Fedon.
The Nikos Express was supposed to operate the Tilos service from the end of May according to the (unconfirmed) information I saw.
Each has a Facebook page which seems to be their main communication tool with the outside world, they display their timetables there, and you could contact the owners this way.
The Nikos Express does advertise a Wednesday 4pm sailing from Kamiros Skala to Halki, and the Nissos Halki at 5.30pm but there's no mention of any service at all to Tilos.
Either the Tilos extension hasn't started yet, or it is solely a charter for a tour operator, or it doesn't exist.
Nikos Express has a phone number: 0030 694 682 6905, which is a mobile number. Might be worth a call.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: One for Andy

Postby Kat » 01 Jul 2016, 18:26

Thanks very much for that Andy. I don't do Facebook but I know a man who does!
I'll let you know if I get any info in case anyone else needs it.
K
Kat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Symi Chat