Last minute trip

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Last minute trip

Postby anton » 08 Jul 2019, 10:27

We weren’t going to be visiting this year but just couldn’t stay away - what are you going to do? Flights and ferries all booked now just need somewhere to stay. There is a room available at Taxiarchis - never stayed there and don’t know where it is (apart from that it’s in Chorio - hoorah). Can anyone give me an idea of it’s location and any recommendations ? There seem to be a lot of people on here who speak of it warmly.
anton
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Last minute trip

Postby Allan » 08 Jul 2019, 11:18

Hi Anton. Yes, Taxiarchis does get a lot of praise and I'm one of those who speak warmly of the place.

Describing where places are on Symi depends on where you already know and Taxiarchis is no exception. It's probably best to describe the location from the point in Chorio where the bus turns around on its journey from the harbour to Pedi. You probably know that.

The bus turns at a large kiosk and across the road from there is the building that used to house the doctor's surgery, another place you might recognise. There is a narrow road down the side of that building which heads downhill to join the main road on one of the bends round the school where the Pedi road enters Chorio. Taxiarchis is just off that narrow road close to the bottom.

It is hidden away but that is part of its charm and why it is so peaceful. It is very quiet yet only five minutes walk from the centre of the village.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gemma1 » 08 Jul 2019, 18:06

I loved my stay at Taxiarchis and would definitely return. As Allan has said it's only a few minutes walk from the centre of village and as a solo traveller I had no problems walking back from the village on a night. There is a map on booking.com which shows the location if that helps - though I think Allan's instructions are probably better.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 08 Jul 2019, 18:17

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Taxiarchis, our first stay, and we thought it was great.

My wife, Liz, has had breathing and walking issues recently but easily managed up to the square and even easier for the bus at the kiosk.

Also easy to walk down into Pedi and so close to The Secret Garden which we really enjoyed eating at this year.

We would certainly stay there again.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby anton » 09 Jul 2019, 09:07

Thanks for all your advice. We're all booked!
anton
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby silverfox » 09 Jul 2019, 18:42

anton wrote:Thanks for all your advice. We're all booked!

Enjoy your trip Anton! :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat