Symi 2022 hoping to see some blogs

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Symi 2022 hoping to see some blogs

Postby silverfox » 27 Jan 2022, 23:03

Hello all you lovely people.

You must be because you love Symi.

We have not had the chance to visit since lock down but we still have 3 weeks booked in late June 2022 and we really need our Symi fix!

We are just hoping that anyone who gets to visit this year posts a few pictures on this fine forum or even better posts a little blog of their time there.

We all love any posts and pictures and I hope I can post as much as possible when we get back to this magical island.

Who else is planning a visit? :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: Symi 2022 hoping to see some blogs

Postby Joe Le Taxi » 28 Jan 2022, 15:18

Hi Silverfox
We are hoping to go in September but not going to book until nearer the time. We first went to Symi in 2005 and have been back every year (sometimes twice a year) since. In fact, we once went in February to celebrate a friends birthday. It was strange to see the place out of season but it was great just the same. Symi does that to you doesn't it? Here's hoping 2022 sees the end of the pandemic and can all return to what I regard as our spiritual home.
Joe Le Taxi
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby D and E » 31 Jan 2022, 10:56

Hi Silverfox,

It would be great to be back blogging from wonderful Symi this year.

We are defo in the planning phase and hoping to return to our usual pattern. Seriously looking at Bristol as the flight days and times are excellent for us.

Can't decide between Olympic and the independent option but looking at early June dates and then late September.

Fingers crossed.

D&E 8-)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 03 Feb 2022, 22:01

Hi Silverfox, we're going end of June for the first time, usually go end Aug. Hoping for some posts before then. Looking forward to any Symi chat.
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 10 Feb 2022, 14:05

Hi all

We're planning three weeks in Symi from mid-September.

As far as blogs are concerned, have you seen the new one from The Anchor House? https://anchorhousegreece.com
Hopefully that should keep us up to date with what is going on in Symi and whet our appetites even further for our next visit!
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 11 Feb 2022, 00:10

Hi, yes saw that it looks beautiful.
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 06 Mar 2022, 17:43

Well the deed is done :shock:

EasyJet booked from Bristol on 5th June so ferries allowing we will be back on our beloved Sými that same day.

Accommodation booked on Bookings.com - somewhere we haven’t stayed before overlooking the harbour not far from the windmills - short walk to you know where :D

Counting the days now.

D&E

PS and there will be blogs
PPS and now to renew E’s passport
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 07 Mar 2022, 20:44

D&E. That's great news, bet you can't wait. It'll be good to see your blogs as a build up to our arrival end of June.
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 08 Mar 2022, 19:55

After the Covid pause for two years it seems we have two blogs to look forward to (no pressure ;) )
My plan is to visit in mid May assuming no enforced changes. I'm not really good at the blog thing but I will attempt to post a few pictures to keep us entertained until the expert bloggers start up.
Let's hope the demise of the PLFs that Lisa mentioned recently marks a final end to the awful time and we can look forward to business as usual.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby katy » 10 Mar 2022, 14:16

We are playing it safe this year and have booked with Olympic instead of our usual independent travel plans. The scenery and people will still be as wonderful as usual :)
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Lisa B » 10 Mar 2022, 15:15

Hi Katy, where are you staying?
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby silverfox » 10 Mar 2022, 20:27

Can't wait for you early visitors to start giving us a fix...the odd post or picture will do..don't be shy.

Great that you will get to your beloved Symi Allan. Hope you are both well and look forward to any pics and updates.

D&E back out there is a treat to look forward to! All those food and drink pictures to come. Where are you staying?

The forum sparks back into life which is a boost to us all.

Love it! :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 11 Mar 2022, 09:12

silverfox wrote:Can't wait for you early visitors to start giving us a fix...the odd post or picture will do..don't be shy.

Great that you will get to your beloved Symi Allan. Hope you are both well and look forward to any pics and updates.

D&E back out there is a treat to look forward to! All those food and drink pictures to come. Where are you staying?

The forum sparks back into life which is a boost to us all.

Love it! :)

Hi Silverfox,
We have booked a place on the road between the old village pharmacy and the windmills with views down into the harbour. It’s a short walk down to The Rainbow :D - same distance as from Anastasia’s that we were tempted by but our favourite rooms were not available. We stayed in a house called Casandra several years ago that is nearby and having that view every morning fed the soul. It’s also close to where Lakis stops for when the legs give in :D Sounds like we might just be missing each other :?:
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby katy » 11 Mar 2022, 09:45

Hi Lisa, staying at Taxiarchis. We stayed there many years ago and it was very good. We like to stay in Pedi now but maybe next year. Luckily we're good walkers (for our age :) ) At least we're halfway to Nimborio from Chorio!
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby silverfox » 11 Mar 2022, 12:03

Hi Silverfox,
We have booked a place on the road between the old village pharmacy and the windmills with views down into the harbour. It’s a short walk down to The Rainbow :D - same distance as from Anastasia’s that we were tempted by but our favourite rooms were not available. We stayed in a house called Casandra several years ago that is nearby and having that view every morning fed the soul. It’s also close to where Lakis stops for when the legs give in :D Sounds like we might just be missing each other :?:[/quote]

We fly out on the 24th June for 3 weeks so will miss you. :(
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 11 Mar 2022, 12:47

silverfox wrote:

Yes, it will be good to get back there. It seems forever since we were there although it was "only" two years ago. I'm hoping the island will have filled up a little and the restrictions will be behind us forever.
I don't take the laptop any more so posting from my tablet and phone will be a challenge but I'm sure I will manage something.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thomasdk » 11 Mar 2022, 19:01

Was https://anchorhousegreece.com just a scam to get people to sign up for newsletters about the rooms, you think?
There's not been any updates since the 1st one a month ago. Not trying to be dramatic here, just really miss a good, honest blog from Symi.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby silverfox » 11 Mar 2022, 20:41

@ allan...You just enjoy your time there my friend and relax.....any post for us will just a bonus.

It does seem so long since we were there....we can't imagine being back there to be honest.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 11 Mar 2022, 20:58

Thomasdk wrote:Was https://anchorhousegreece.com just a scam to get people to sign up for newsletters about the rooms, you think?
There's not been any updates since the 1st one a month ago. Not trying to be dramatic here, just really miss a good, honest blog from Symi.

It's a difficult one for anyone living there as it's quite "samey" We had a great blog from Toby for many years which was great but it's so difficult to keep fresh.

We all want more but unless you are there and blog don't expect others will do. :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 12 Mar 2022, 08:47

Yes, I really do miss Toby's blog, no matter what it was about. Just being able to read something about life on Symi and see some realistic photos made my days and weeks.
I guess you're right, it would just be nice to read something once in a while. Oh, and have the webcam put back up where it used to be.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Next

Return to Symi Chat