Mythos restuarant

Ask questions about the island of Symi

Mythos restuarant

Postby Joe Le Taxi » 08 Jul 2019, 21:17

Can anyone confirm that Mythos Restuarant has moved?
Joe Le Taxi
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: Mythos restuarant

Postby Allan » 08 Jul 2019, 21:43

Yes, Stavros' new venture is at the opposite side of the harbour in the premises that used to be Aris Taverna, next to Manos fish restaurant.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JeanW » 15 Jul 2019, 23:17

Sadly, the newly located Mythos taverna is getting very poor reviews on trip advisor. Wondering if it is really worth a visit. Any comments from recent visitors to Symi.
JeanW
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 16 Jul 2019, 09:22

I went a few weeks ago and have to say I was mildly disappointed.
Stavros was there, dashing about being his usual charming self and I gather he will produce his signature Mythos dishes if he's given a day or two notice but I just had the standard menu which was fine but not as special as I'd hoped.

The service was very slow and despite the waiter's high-tech smartphone ordering system they still managed to get my order wrong (Stavros was very apologetic). Getting the bill at the end of the meal took a very long time.

It was an OK meal and I'm glad I went but I doubt I will be rushing back.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Oor Willie » 18 Jul 2019, 14:32

We went for a meal there last month and have to agree with Allan about the service and the menu, our waiter was really struggling with our order and eventually Andreas who does front of house next door at Manos who we know from his time working at Aris came through and sorted it out. Talking to Stavros he knows that the food and service is not up to his previous standard but he is working on it and hopefully we will see an improvement when we go back in September
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby petrostoo » 18 Oct 2019, 17:43

My wife Pam and I returned from Symi on 16 October and we have news "straight from the horses mouth" We visited the ex Aris site on 3 October to be told that Stavros was "not working tonight" and we had a very ordinary meal.Subsequently on visiting another of our fav restaurants, Odyessia, we found Stavros cooking here!
Apparently he had left the ex Aris site at least a week prior to our visit as the site owner(we know who that is don't we?) wouldn't let him cook his own dishes.We had a fantastic "Stavros" dinner and a long chat with him.He was happy for me to post that he has signed up to cook at Odyessia next summer, preceded by this winter in Copenhagen.
petrostoo
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Return to Noticeboard