XL goes bust

XL goes bust

Postby Maggs » 14 Sep 2008, 15:28

We were due to come to Symi with Kosmar for two weeks starting 24 Sept and when we tried to contact Kosmar on Thursday to find out what would happen re our booking we were redirected to the ATOL site which advised Kosmar customers who had not yet started their holiday to make a claim through CAA.

Can anyone confirm that the arrangements that CAA is currently making through Sue to support Kosmar customers in completing their holidays only applies to people who are already on the island?

We assumed that our forthcoming holiday with Kosmar was now down the pan and so we have made alternative holiday arrangements.

We were very sad to hear about all of those people who have lost their jobs as a result of the XL collapse and would like to extend our very best wishes to Sue. This situation must be a nightmare for you and we would like to wish you the very best of luck with dealing with the aftermath and for the future.
Maggs
Starting Visitor

XL goes bust

Postby Patk » 14 Sep 2008, 17:40

I'm sorry for Sue snd eveyone affected by the XL situation.
Patk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

XL goes bust

Postby sarah » 20 Sep 2008, 18:08

well one bit of good news mum and dad have now re booked their holiday and are going to kos a day after their original leaving date and so they will make it to symi after all. they are definately in a better frame of mind now lol
sarah
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

XL goes bust

Postby Sandi » 25 Sep 2008, 15:19

Just back from Symi yesterday after three weeks :D . Having a great time up until the X.L.crash. Then of course had to find a flight home, which we did with Olympic airlines, found the whole thing very stressful. But at least we where sorted, but talking to a few people with Kosmar, the landlords of their accommodation, told them to pay for their accommodation or get out :o .Felt really sorry for them as they also did not know when they would get a flight home :cry:
Sandi
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

XL goes bust

Postby Kojak » 26 Sep 2008, 14:38

I do feel sorry for those who have lost their holidays and those people providing accommodation who have lost their income - with the exception of two providers. Two friends who were staying at Grace Studios found the owner hammering on their door at night.
They were told that unless they coughed up almost �900 they'd be put out into the street immediately. He demanded �70 per night (August rates!) for the full length of their stay, despite the fact that Kosmar would have paid much less than that for the accommodation, also providers will be compensated by CAA/ATOL. Many Symi residents shared my total disgust at his greedy and totally unreasonable attitude. Frankly, I'd never consider staying there after such a disgraceful display. Another owner gave his occupants much the same treatment. I have named and shamed both on the Holiday truths and Tripadvisor websites. While I do feel sorry for those who have lost money there is simply no excuse for taking it out on innocent holidaymakers who have already paid in full for their stay!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

XL goes bust

Postby Eleanor » 26 Sep 2008, 18:22

Yes Kojak,I totally agree with you, the behaviour from the two mentioned was totally out of order,but,it does not surprise me .We stayed at one of the mentioned two years ago and had a letter put through our door one evening from the owner saying he had complaints about us throwing rubbish and all sorts over our balcony into his mothers house below.......WE WERE IN ONE OF HIS ROOMS THAT DIDNT EVEN HAVE A BALCONY.
Eleanor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Messages from the forum admins